What to Expect and Who to See at Fintech 2018 (July 6-13)Jul 6, 2018, 8:47AM
The fifth installment of Fintech Week London gathers some of fintech's leading innovators in discussion of the industry's development.
Blockchain's finest gather in London today for the fifth annual Fintech Week. The eight-day event kicks off with the weekend's "Blockchain Hackathon" before speakers take the lead on Monday. An impressive slate of the industry's leading innovators and researchers will comprise a handful of keynotes and panels surrounding everything fintech. Attendees will have the benefit of hearing from head figures from financial institutions (Bank of England, Royal Bank of Scotland), political positions (European Parliament, Financial Conduct Authority), and tech firms leading the way for fintech.
A key topic to follow early in the week is the presence of venture capitalists in the ICO environment. The changing scope of funding-models as a result of initial coin offerings is becoming a leading agent in how blockchain and fintech may change the business world, and there are even projections that the ICO ecosystem may reach $40 billion by 2020. A more in-depth discussion of ICOs will follow on Thursday.
Schedule Overview (Full Schedule)
- Friday (July 6) - Sunday (July 8): The Blockchain Hackathon opens the event on Friday evening. Participants will work through the entirety of Saturday and Sunday morning with Demo Day and the Winners Selection at 3:00 PM.
- Monday (July 9):
- Morning Keynote: Introduction to Census - Luis Carranza, Census/Fintech
- Afternoon Keynote: The Dynamics of Disruption in Finance - Mitesh Soni, Finastra
- Tuesday (July 10):
- Venture Capital State of Play Panel
- RegTech & Regulation Update - Nick Cook, Financial Conduct Authority
- Keynote: From Vision 2030 to Fintech - Omar Rehban, Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority
- Wednesday (July 11):
- Women in Blockchain Panel
- Keynote: IBM Blockchain - Jason Kelley, IBM
- VC/Investor Panel
- Thursday (July 12):
- Company Intros: 10 minute intros from ICOs
- Keynote: Blockchain, Unchainred - Mike Conte, Coinweb
- Friday (July 13)
- Blockchain for Enterprise Workshop
- Pinesent Masons: Legal Workshops
- Blockchain Dev Workshop: Intro to Coding Smart Contracts
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates!
Disclaimer: information contained herein is provided without considering your personal circumstances, therefore should not be construed as financial advice, investment recommendation or an offer of, or solicitation for, any transactions in cryptocurrencies.